Skiwee and Cruiser Camp programs are designed to teach beginning skiers and snowboarders. These are instruction and play programs for skiers age 4-10 and snowboarders ages 7-12. The packages include a slope ticket, equipment rental, helmet rental and group instruction. Ski Wee program offered daily. Cruiser Camp program offered weekends and holidays only.
Program Info & Help
Limited availability, reservations suggested. Call the French Swiss Ski College to reserve your spot: (828) 295-9311
Ski Wee program offered daily. Cruiser Camp program offered weekends and holidays only. Please note: If you are seeking individual attention or accelerated progress, consider private lessons.
- Register at the French-Swiss Ski College counter on the lower level of the lodge.
- After completing registration, pick up equipment at the rental counter on the lower level of the lodge.
- Please have children take a bathroom break before going to the class and when returning to classes.
- Meet on the snow at the American Flag in front of the Lodge, ten minutes before start of class.
- Please have your children booted up, with their skis in hand. (please no ski poles)
- Pick up your children at noon and 3:30 at the “American Flag”. Please be on time.
- It is your responsibility to feed your child lunch. (12-1:30)
- Use the time between registration and the start of the program to make sure your child is properly dressed.
- Blue jeans and knit mittens are not sufficient for warmth and dryness.
- Sunscreen and protective eye wear are essential.
- Prepare your child for the day ahead by letting them know what to expect and where you will be. This will help everyone have a fun and pleasurable experience.
What to Expect
- If you’re registering children for their first ski lesson, it is important to set realistic expectations.
- Children often remain on the beginner slope most of their first day.
- Depending on individual muscle control and development, skiing can be difficult in their first days.